MNRS 2016 Annual Research Conference - CON Awards and Reception
The Midwest Nursing Research Society (MNRS) Conference, held this year in Milwaukee, WI., was the scene of several awards going both to students and faculty from the UIC College of Nursing (CON).
Dr. Carol Ferrans received the MNRS Lifetime Achievement Award. This was in the category of Awards for Research Accomplishments. Two other CON faculty received awards in this category:
- Dr. Holli DeVon, Distinguished Scientist Award, Acute & Critical Care Across the Life Span Research Interest Group.
- Dr. Kamal Eldeirawi, Senior Investigator Award, Health of Diverse Populations Research Interest Group.
[Seen in the first photo on the right are several recipients including Dr. Linda McCreary, Dr. Kamal Eldeirawi, Dr. Anne Fink, Dr. Holli DeVon, Dr. Carol Ferrans and PhD student Ari Min.]
Student Poster Awards went to three CON students:
- First Place Masters Poster, Stephanie Tiwari (Faculty Advisor Dr. Shannon Zenk).
- Second Place Masters Poster, Evanthia Arianas (Faculty Advisor Dr. Kathy Norr).
- Honorable Mention Masters Poster, Bailey Hanselman (Faculty Advisor Dr. Crystal Patil).
Students making posters were helped both by faculty advisors as well as by Digital Imaging Specialist Alicia McConnell-Hatch for technical and graphic assistance.
Abstracts of Distinction Awards went to:
- Ari Min, PhD student (Chairman, Dr. Linda Scott).
- Dr. Linda McCreary, Dr. Kathy Norr, and team.
[CON student Ari Min can be seen holding her award along with Dr. Carol Ferrans in the 2nd photo on the right.]
Research Grant Awards went to:
- Dissertation Funding, Ari Min, PhD student (Chairman Dr. Linda Scott).
- Seed Grant Funding, Dr. Anne Fink and team.