Board certified family nurse practitioner (ANCC).
Current Area of Teaching
Director of Advanced Practice programs in the BHS Department and teaching coursework in the DNP Program.
Selected Honors & Awards
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Seth D. Rosen Graduate Research Award- UIC College of Nursing 2001
- Potts, L., Murchek, A., Diegel-Vacek, L. & Ryan, C. (2018, Sept. 2018 publication date). Improving Patient Flow Utilizing a Standardized Electronic Nursing Handoff Process. Journal of Nursing Administration
- O’Dell, A. & Diegel-Vacek, L. (2018). Development of an RN Training Toolkit for Value-Based Care Models. Viewpoints, American Association of Ambulatory Nursing
- O’Dell, A., Diegel-Vacek, L., Burt, L. & Corbridge, S. (2018). Updated GOLD Guidelines: An Evidence-Based Approach. Journal of the American Association of Nursing Practitioners
- Vaez, K., Diegel-Vacek, L., Martyn-Nemeth, P. & Ryan, C. (2017). Evaluating Diabetes Care for Patients with Serious Mental illness using the Chronic Care Model. Health Services Research and Managerial Epidemiology Volume 4: 1-7 2017. DOI: 10.1177/2333392817734206
- Diegel-Vacek, L., & Ryan, C. (2016). Promoting hand hygiene with a lighting prompt. Health, Environments and Research in Design, 10(1), 65-75. DOI: 10.1177/1937586716651967
- Piano, M. R., Diegel-Vacek, L., & Hacker, E. (2015). From the trenches: Please send help. Nursing Outlook, 63(4), 388-389
- Guger, C. Daum, S., Vacek, L., Angeletti, J., O’Malley, J., Curell, K., & Phillips, J. (2011). Nursing morbidity and mortality conferences. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 27(1), 35-38
- Diegel-Vacek, L. (2007). Sensitivity training for nurses caring for morbidly obese patients. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care, 2(4), 251-253. doi: 10.1089/2007.9953