Current Area of Teaching
Selected Honors & Awards
- 2014 Acute Care Section Dissertation Award, Midwest Nursing Research Society
- 2014 Junior Faculty Research Award, research Committee College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 2012 GSNO teaching award
- Phillips, S.A., Vuckovic K.M., Cahalin, L.P., Baynard, T. Defining the system: Contributors to exercise limitations in heart failure. Heart Failure Clinics. 2015 Jan;11(1). (Invited)
- *Vuckovic, K.M., Devon, H. Piano, M.R. The Measurement of Dyspnea in Ambulatory African American Patients with Preserved and Reduced Ejection Fraction Heart Failure. Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing. 2014 Nov 21. (Epub ahead of print).
- *Vuckovic,K.M., Piano, M.R., Phillips, SA. Effects of exercise training on peripheral vascular endothelial vasoreactivity in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Heart, Lung, and Circulation. 2013 May 22(5):328-340. (Australian Cardiovascular Society Journal; Heart Failure edition; Invited).
- *Vuckovic,K., Piano, M., Phillips,SA. Effects of exercise training on peripheral vascular endothelial vasoreactivity in patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction. Heart, Lung, and Circulation. (Australian Cardiovascular Society journal; Heart failure edition; Invited; In press.)
- *Vuckovic, K., Fink, A. The 6-min walk test: Is it an effective method for evaluating heart failure therapies. Biologic Research in Nursing. 2012 April;14(2):147-159.
- *Vuckovic, K., Richlin, D. Bradycardia induced by hyperkalemia. American Association of Occupational Health Nurses Journal. 2004 May;52(5):186-7. (Invited.)
- *Moyer-Knox, D., Mueller, T., Vuckovic, K., Mischke, L., Williams, R. Remote titration of carvedilol for heart failure patients by advanced practice nurses. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2004 June;10(3): 219-24. Article was the subject of the editorial comment for the issue.
- *Mueller, T., Vuckovic, K., Knox, D., Williams, R. Telemanagement of heart failure: a diuretic treatment algorithm, for advanced practice nurses. Heart and Lung. 2002 Sep-Oct;31(5): 340-7.
Dyspnea in Preserved Ejection fraction heart failure