Dr. Carlucci is a graduate of the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing and is an ANCC board certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. She joined the UIC College of Nursing as faculty in 2011 and became coordinator for the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program in 2014. She received a DNP from Saint Louis University in 2017. She has an active clinical practice as a nurse practitioner in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Sleep and Allergy Medicine at the University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System. Her clinical area of interest is the diagnosis and management of obstructive sleep apnea.
Dr. Carlucci teaches the practicum courses NUPR 539/540/541. She coordinates clinical placements and supervises Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner students during their practicum hours. She also coordinates clinical learning activities to compliment the practicum courses, such as simulation, standardized patients, and case-based clinical conferences. Additionally, she serves as an advisor and mentor for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner students throughout their program.
- Saint Louis University DNP Program Nursing Leadership Award - 2017
- The DAISY Faculty Award - 2014
- Carlucci M, Smith M, Simmons JQ. The diagnosis and management of narcolepsy. Consultant. 2015;55(8):614-623.
- Carlucci M, Graf N, Simmons JQ, Corbridge SJ. Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). The Nurse Practitioner. December 2014;39(12):36-40.
- Corbridge SJ, Tiffen J, Carlucci M, Zar F. Implementation of an interprofessional educational model. Nurse Educator. Nov/Dec 2013;38(6):261-264.
- Corbridge SJ, Corbridge T, Tiffen J, Carlucci M. Implementing team-based learning in a nurse practitioner curriculum. Nurse Educator. Sept/Oct 2013;38(5):202-205.
- Carlucci M, Prasad B. An 84-year-old woman with long-standing excessive daytime sleepiness. Annals of the American Thoracic Society. Aug 2013;10(4):400-402.
- Carlucci M, Smith M, Corbridge SJ. Poor sleep, hazardous breathing: an overview of obstructive sleep apnea. The Nurse Practitioner. March 2013;38(3):20-28.