Applicants must submit all required materials by posted by the January 15 deadline in order to be reviewed. The application is available at
All required materials must be completed per application instructions. Hard copy or e-mailed documents will NOT be accepted. Required pieces include:
- UIC Graduate and Professional applicants must scan and upload copies of official transcripts directly to the application. Do NOT mail or e-mail transcripts directly to the College of Nursing nor to the UIC Admissions Office.
- Credentials may be uploaded as a single or multi-page standard PDF, or each page as a JPEG, PNG or TIFF image file.
- Additional credentials will be requested by Office of Admissions staff if submitted documents are insufficient, incorrect or illegible, which will result in an incomplete application status.
- Please address any transcript questions directly to Admissions at 312-996-7800 or email@example.com
Resume or Curriculum Vitae – must be uploaded directly to the application
Please complete each prompt below in the Nursing Supplement section of the application. Once the application is submitted, applicants cannot return to edit essay responses.
- Describe your reasons for pursuing the MS and your short-term and long-term goals.
- How will an MS in Nursing assist you in attaining your career and educational goals? Why did you select UIC?
- Describe your experience with evidence-based practice.
- Please comment on your clinical practice experiences and how they have informed your decision to pursue graduate studies in nursing.
- The mission of the UIC College of Nursing is to transform health, health care, and policy through knowledge generation and translation, and education of future leaders from diverse backgrounds. Our vision is to be a preeminent leader in advancing global health and nursing. Please comment on how you can contribute to the UIC mission and vision as a student and future alumnus.
- What do you see as the major challenges that you will need to overcome (i.e., financial constraints, family responsibilities, analytical or statistical skills) in pursuing an DNP? What are your plans for addressing these challenges?
- What does it mean to have a commitment to diversity and how would you develop and apply your commitment to diversity at UIC?
Three Letters of Recommendation -Applicants will enter the names and e-mail address for each reference. Each reference will then receive an e-mail with a link to the College of Nursing Recommendation form. Please inform each reference that they must submit the Nursing Recommendation Form – the system does not allow references the option of uploading a separate letter.
College of Nursing interview – All applicants will be contacted by the College of Nursing for an application interview. The interview is a required part of the application process. Applicants who do not sign up for an interview will not be considered for admission.
2018 application interviews will take place the week of February 12, 2018. Exact dates will be announced soon. An interview sign up will be e-mailed to all applicants the last week of January.
Please be sure to read any e-mails sent to you by the UIC Admissions Office. If there is a problem with any of your documents, Admissions will contact you to remind you to re-submit the document in question.