Heart failure, sleep disorders, disease management and women and cardiovascular disease. My Ph.D. in Nursing at The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio focused on obstructive sleep apnea in patients with cardiovascular disease.
Current Area of Teaching
- Nursing 533: APPLIED PHARMACOTHERAPEUTIC INTERVENTION IN ADVANCED PRACTICE NURSING: ADULT-GERENTOLOGIC PRIMARY AND ADULT-GERENTOLOGIC ACUTE CARE
- Nursing 534: HEALTH MANAGEMENT I
Selected Honors & Awards
- Inducted as Fellow of American Heart Association in 2006
- Merhaut S, Trupp RJ. “An innovative approach to improving the care of acute decompensated heart failure.” Clinical Pathways in Cardiology 2011; 10(2): 107-112. DOI: 10.1097/HPC.0b013e31821b7ac9.
- Trupp RJ, Corwin EJ, Ahijevych KL, Nygren T. “The impact of educational message framing on adherence to continuous positive airway pressure therapy.” Behavioral Sleep Medicine 2011; 9(1): 38-52. DOI: 10.1080/15402002.2011.533993.