I perform and teach multiple clinical skills. In my practice have have worked in Cardiac Surgery, Neurosurgery and Trauma. I teach Thoracic, Vascular access, Office Procedures At UIC, and at the AANP National Conference. A am a Fellow of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
- Health Assessmet
- Acute Care Managent Skills days
- Practicum I, II , II.
- Multiple SKiolls workshops locally, regionally and nationally.
- McLaughlin, R., Analitis, S. et al. (2008) Gun Shot Wound With Bullet Embolus. Journal of Trauma Nursing 15(3), 123-125.
- **Corbridge, S, McLaughlin, R. (2008) Using Simulation to Enhance Knowledge and Confidence. The Nurse Practitioner 33(6), 12-13.
- *McLaughlin, R. (2007) Preparation for negotiating scope of practice for acute care nurse practitioners. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 19(12), 627-634.
- * Melander, S., Kleinpell, R., McLaughlin, R. (2007) Ensuring Clinical Competency for Nurse Practitioners in Acute Care. Nurse Practitioner 32(4), 19-20.
- *Kleinpell, R., Perez D., & McLaughlin, R. (2005) Education Options for Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Practice. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners 17(11), 460-471.
- *McLaughlin, R. (2000) Managing the Non-Surgical Candidate with an Emphysema Related to Community-Acquired Lobar Pneumonia, Heart & Lung 29(5) 220-286.
- McLaughlin, R., Corbridge S. (2010). Performing Thoracentesis for Pleural Effusions. Integrating Adult Acute Care Skills & Procedures into Nurse Practitioner Curricula. Chapter 7. (Eds.), NONPF ACNP Skills Toolkit. Washington, DC: NONPF.