Family and Guest Information
- There is parking in the Pavilion Garage and the lots immediately to South of the Pavilion.
- Parking will be free the day of the event.
- Handicapped parking is available in both areas.
- Tickets are not are required for guests for the commencement ceremony.
- There is no limit to the number of guests invited per graduate, however seats are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Doors to the Pavilion will open at 12:00pm and no sooner.
- Guests needing assistance can see any Pavilion staff member.
- We kindly ask that guests do not congregate in the garage staging area while waiting for the Pavilion to open; this is an area for graduates and staff only and will be a full house that day.
- The ceremony will last approximately 2 hours
- This is during the lunch hour so please plan accordingly to your dietary needs
- The Pavilion will not have concessions available at the ceremony
Photography & Webcasting
- Photography services will be provided by UIC Photo.
- An individual photograph will be taken of each graduate as they receive their diploma cover and after they leave the stage.
- Students will be notified via email when proofs are available for order or interested parties may check the UIC Photo website for updates.
- The College of Nursing ceremony will be broadcasted virtually. To access the webcast, please visit the UIC Commencement website at the designated time of the ceremony. Viewers will need to click on the link for the College of Nursing. Details on ordering a copy of the ceremony are available on the UIC Commencement website.
- Please exit the Pavilion and make your way out of the vicinity of the area as quickly and as safely as possible.
- Please do not linger in the processional space; all graduates and faculty must be able to exit.
- There will be a small reception in the tent immediately to the east of the tent from 3:00-4:00
- A sampling of snacks, desserts and beverages will be provided and all are welcome to visit!
- Restrooms are located in the Pavilion and are only accessible after doors have opened.
- Chicago weather is at best unpredictable – rain or shine the ceremony and reception will take place!
- Temperature inside the Pavilion may be cooler than some may find comfortable, please plan accordingly.
- For those traveling from other regions please links below provide an overview of the UIC campus and its surroundings