Dr. Obrecht is a board certified Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist and Director of the Pediatric/Perinatal CNS program. Her areas of clinical practice earned research include pain management and stress relief for hospitalized children. Dr. Obrecht teaches courses in the second-degree nursing entry, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Doctor of Nursing Practice programs.
Dr. Obrecht teaches the Pediatric/Perinatal CNS didactic courses and is the Coordinator of the Maternal-child course for preNCLEX students. She also teaches in the Palliative Care Certification program and coordinators maternal-child courses for the Pediatric Advanced Practice nursing students. Dr. Obrecht has taught evidence application and practicum courses in the Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
- Standards Setting Committee and Content Expert Panel for Pediatric CNS Certification exam, ACCN
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau
- Member of the National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Obrecht, J., Vincent, K., & Ryan, C. (2014). Implementation of evidence-based practice for pediatric pain assessment instrument. Clinical nurse specialist, accepted for publication
- Obrecht, J. & Andreoni, V. (2010) Pain management in Children. In Potts, N. & Mandelco B. (eds.) Pediatric Nursing third edition Clifton Plains NY Delmar,