11 of the '40 Under 40' Awards Go to Recipients with UIC CON Connection
Congratulations to the eleven recipients of this year's "40 Under 40 Emerging Nurse Leaders Award" who have connections to the UIC College of Nursing!
The award, now in its second year, is given out by the Illinois Nurses Foundation and the Illinois Healthcare Action Coalition. Its goal, as stated on this year's event page, is "to celebrate dedicated service to the population, encourage exemplar dedication to the nursing profession, and promise to grow in leadership for the advancement of nursing in Illinois."
Recipients include four faculty members and seven former or current students:
UIC CON Current Faculty
- Robin Johnson, MSN, APN, CPNP - Clinical Assistant Professor (WCFHS)
- Kylea Liese, PhD CNM - Clinical Assistant Professor (WCFHS)
- Dr. Saria Lofton, PhD, RN - Clinical Assistant Professor (HSS)
- Dr. Naomi Twigg, PhD, PHCNS-BC, RN - Clinical Assistant Professor (HSS)
UIC CON Alumni
- Emily Chin, PhD ’12, BSN ’02
- Ann Eckhart, PhD ’13
- Anne Marie Mullins, Cert. ’14
- Rachel Reichlin, MS ’14
- Gabrielle Sauder, MS ’13, BSN ’07
- Reenu Varghese, DNP ’18 (expected)
- Carmen Vergara, BSN ’04
As explained in the announcement, "Winners were chosen by a panel of their peers based on their achievement in the profession, leadership and community & association involvement." The award ceremony will take place on Sept. 22nd at Rush University in Chicago. More information about the event can be found here...