Nine UIC Nursing Alumni Among "40 Under 40" Honorees
The UIC College of Nursing congratulates nine alumni, including three faculty members, who have been named to the Illinois Nurses Foundation’s 2017 list of "40 Under 40 Emerging Nurse Leaders."
The program, now in its third year, was inaugurated by the INF "to celebrate dedicated service to the population, encourage exemplar dedication to the nursing profession, and promise to grow in leadership for the advancement of nursing in Illinois."
Complete list of UIC Nursing-affiliated honorees:
- Lydia A. Bertschi, DNP ’12
- Jaime T. Biagioni, BSN ’02
- Alina M. Kraynak, MS ’15, current DNP student
- Angela M. Lepkowski, BSN ’09, MS ’15, current DNP student, clinical instructor
- Angela B. Maeder, PhD ’15, clinical assistant professor
- Meggan A. Mikal, MS ’10, current DNP student
- Kevin J. Stein, BSN ’04
- Jen’nea A. Sumo, PhD ’13
- Kelly A. Vaez, MS ’06, DNP ’16, clinical assistant professor
The award ceremony took place on Sept. 14 at Rush University in Chicago.