Nine Recipients of "40 Under 40" Recognition Have UIC Nursing Affiliation
The UIC College of Nursing congratulates nine alumni and faculty who are among the recipients of this year’s "40 Under 40 Emerging Nurse Leaders Award."
The program, now in its third year, was inaugurated by the Illinois Nurses Foundation "to celebrate dedicated service to the population, encourage exemplar dedication to the nursing profession, and promise to grow in leadership for the advancement of nursing in Illinois."
Three Award-Winning UIC Nursing Faculty
Complete list of UIC Nursing-affiliated honorees:
- Lydia A. Bertschi, DNP ‘12
- Jaime T. Biagioni, BSN ‘02
- Alina M. Kraynak, MS ‘15, current DNP student
- Angela M. Lepkowski, BSN ‘09, MS ‘15, current DNP student, clinical instructor
- Angela B. Maeder, PhD ‘15, clinical assistant professor
- Meggan A. Mikal, MS ‘10, current DNP student
- Kevin J. Stein, BSN ‘04
- Jen’nea A. Sumo, PhD ‘13
- Kelly A. Vaez, MS ‘06, DNP ‘16, clinical assistant professor
The award ceremony will take place on Sept. 14 at Rush University in Chicago. More information about the event can be found on the INF website.