Four Faculty And Three Alums To Join Prestigious AAN Class of 2016 Fellows
Four distinguished faculty members from the College of Nursing, as well as three outstanding alumnae, have been selected by the American Academy of Nursing (AAN) to join its Class of 2016 fellows. Fellowship in the AAN is considered the highest honor in the nursing profession. We will celebrate these accomplished women at a reception on Friday, Oct. 21, 2016, during AAN’s annual policy conference at which they will be officially inducted. Please R.S.V.P. here to join us for this wonderful occasion.
The faculty members are:
- Gloria Bonner, PhD, MS ’75, BSN ’70 , RN. Dr. Bonner is assistant professor emerita with the college. She has dedicated her career to empowering caregivers to make the best informed end-of-life treatment decisions before a life-threatening medical crisis occurs.
- Colleen Corte, PhD, RN. An associate professor of health systems science, Dr. Corte strives to prevent the development of alcohol use disorders by inhibiting the formation of a “drinker identity” in youth.
- Patricia Hershberger, PhD ’05, FNP-BC, RN. Also an associate professor of health systems science, Dr. Hershberger supports individuals and families who face choices involving an increasing array of complex, repro-genetic treatment choices.
- Kathryn Rugen, PhD, FNP-BC. Dr. Rugen is an assistant professor of biobehavioral health science. She extends the reach of our college by serving as Nurse Practitioner Consultant for Department of Veterans Affairs Centers of Excellence in Primary Care Education
We also congratulate three selected alumnae:
- Cara Krulewitch PhD, MS ’84, BSN ’82, CNM, FACNM, Director, Women's Health, Medical Ethics and Patient Advocacy, U.S. Department of Defense
- Eui-Geum (Kim) Oh, PhD ‘99, RN, Professor, College of Nursing, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Karen Solheim PhD, MS ’84, RN, Clinical Professor and Director of Global Health Initiatives, University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing
You may also view the full list of selected inductees.