- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (any field)
- 3.00/4.00 cumulative GPA of the bachelor's degree*
- Completion of 18 semester hours of prerequisite coursework by the end of the Spring Semester before the start of the program.
- Official GRE scores required by the application deadline if cumulative GPA in the baccalaureate (or higher) degree is less than 3.25/4.00. Courses taken after the baccalaureate (or higher degree) has been earned will not be calculated in the cumulative GPA for GRE waiver eligibility.
- All science prerequisites must have been completed within 7 years of enrollment; all prerequisites must be complete with grades of C or better by the end of the Spring Semester before the start of the program. Evaluations of prerequisite courses will be conducted by the College of Nursing during the admissions review only. One-on-one evaluations are not available for prospective students.
If courses are taken outside of UIC then use Transferology to determine equivalencies. If you are unsure about whether or not a class is transferable, please contact Michael Behlke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anatomy (or Anatomy & Physiology I) with lab (4 hours)
- Physiology (or Anatomy & Physiology II) with lab (4 hours)
- Chemistry with lab (4 hours) (General, Inorganic, Organic or Biochemistry accepted)
- Microbiology (3 hours)
- Introduction to Research Methods (3 hours)
Courses that fulfill this prerequisite are typically offered in the Psychology or Sociology department at 4-year colleges or universities and cover the design, execution, analysis and interpretation of research. The title of the course should include “Research Methods.” Introduction to Statistics does NOT fulfill this requirement.