Dr. Susan Corbridge is the Director of Graduate Clinical Studies at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing. She is a Clinical Associate Professor and Nurse Practitioner with the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, Allergy and Sleep Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago Health Sciences System. Dr. Corbridge has published widely and lectures nationally and internationally on pulmonary topics. She is a fellow in the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Institute of Medicine of Chicago. Dr. Corbridge received the 2010 Outstanding Nurse Educator of Illinois Award and the 2010 Nurse Practitioner Educator of the Year Award from the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties.
Dr. Corbridge is the course director for the Adult-Gerontology Primary and Acute Care applied pharmacology course and provides respiratory and critical lectures in the pathophysiology, pharmacology, health assessment and management courses. She implemented simulation, team-based learning & interprofessional clinical educational rotations into these specialty nurse practitioner (NP) programs and has published outcomes on each of these areas of NP education. She is a frequent guest lecturer providing content on respiratory diseases in the Family Nurse Practitioner and Women's Health Nurse Practitioner programs.
- Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Fellow, Institute of Medicine of Chicago
- 2010 Outstanding Nurse Educator Award from the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
- 2010 Outstanding Nurse Educator of Illinois Award
- 2012 Mary Kelly Mullane Award for Clinical Excellence, Alpha Lambda Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau (International Honor Society of Nursing)
- 2012 Pinnacle Nursing Leader Award, Power of Nursing Leadership
- Corbridge, S., Tiffen, J., Carlucci, M., & Zar, F. (2013). Enhancing Role Perceptions and Collaboration through Implementation of Interprofessional Clinical Teams in a Nurse Practitioner Program. Nurse Educator,38(6), 261-264.
- Corbridge, S., Tiffen, J., & Corbridge, T. (2013). Using Team-Based Learning to Enhance Nurse Practitioner Education. Nurse Educator, 38(5), 1-4.
- Corbridge, S., Wilken, L., Kapella, M. & Gronkewicz, C. (2012). Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: Guideline Based Diagnosis and Management, Part I. American Journal of Nursing, 112(3), 46-57.
- Corbridge, S., & Corbridge, T. (2010). Asthma: Guideline Based Diagnosis and Management. American Journal of Nursing, 110(5), 28-38.
- Team-Based Learning: Assessment of Student Perception and Satisfaction.
- Interprofessional Training: Role Perceptions of Physicians and Nurse Practitioners Regarding Interprofessional Education and Healthcare Delivery