Dr. Pierre is faculty in the Family Nurse Practitioner Program and received her Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) and her Bachelor in the Science of Nursing from Rush University, Chicago.
- NUPR 521 Health Management I
- NUPR 522 Health Management II and III
- NUPR 524 Health Management IV
- NURS 532 Comprehensive Health Assessment for Advanced Practice Nursing
- NURS 529 Issues in Advanced Practice Nursing
- NURS 540 Issues in Advanced Practice Nursing with Political Implications
Dr. Pierre maintains an active clinical practice at Walgreens Healthcare Clinics, a retail clinic providing primary care services to patients nationwide. Dr. Pierre serves as the co-chair for the department's Diversity Taskforce.
Dr. Pierre also serves on the Health Policy Committee for the Association of Black Nursing Faculty (ABNF) and abstract review board for the Association of Community Health Nurse Educators (ACHNE) and the National Organization for Nurse Practitioner Faculty (NONPF).
- 2016-2017 - American Association of Colleges of Nurses (AACN) Policy Fellow
- 2015 - DAISY Faculty Award
- 2014 - Illinois Board of Higher Education (IBHE) Nurse Educator award
Pierre, N. (2015). Using Collaborative Learning to Encourage Professional Advocacy in Graduate Nurses.The Journal of Effective Teaching. Manuscript submitted for publication.
Dr. Pierre’s research focuses on building capacity in marginalized immigrant communities to deliver culturally responsive care and eliminate health disparities. Dr. Pierre has spoken locally and nationally on her innovative methods to foster academic excellence among diverse learners.