Director of the Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program where I oversee the clinical practicum of students, participate in curriculum changes, and am engaged in educational research activities.
Directly supervise all student clinical practicums in the adult gerontology primary care program. In addition involved in teaching masters level courses.
- 2012, Nomination for AACN Excellence in Advancing Nursing Science Award
- 2012, Nomination for College of Nursing Graduate Faculty Member Excellence in Diversity
- 2012, Nomination for Graduate Student Organization Faculty Award of Excellence
- 2011, Nomination for Graduate Student Organization Faculty Award of Excellence
- 2010, Nurse Educators of Illinois Student Scholarship Award
- 2010, Nomination for Graduate Student Organization Faculty Award of Excellence
- 2009, University of Illinois at Chicago, Departmental Teaching Excellence Award
- 2004, Oncology Nursing Society New Writer Award
- Corbridge, S., Tiffen, J., Carlucci, M., & Zar, F. (2013). Implementation of an Interprofessional Educational Model. Nurse Educator, 38(6), 261-264.
- Tiffen, J., Corbridge, S., Shen, B., & Robinson, P. (2011). Patient simulators for teaching heart and lung assessment skills to advanced practice nursing students. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 7(3), e91-e97.
- Corbridge, S., Robinson, P., Tiffen, J., & Corbridge, T. (2010). Online learning versus simulation for teaching principles of mechanical ventilation to nurse practitioner students. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 7(1), 1-11.
- Tiffen, J., Graf, N., & Corbridge. (2009). Effectiveness of a low-fidelity simulation experience in building confidence among advanced practice nursing students. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 5(3), e113-e117.
- Corbridge, S., McLaughlin, R., Tiffen, J. et al. (2008). Using simulation to enhance knowledge and confidence. The Nurse Practitioner, 33, 12-13.
My research areas of interest include the assessment and evaluation of teaching methods, developing methods to evaluate clinical decision making, and examining interprofessional education models.
Currently funded by a HRSA grant to develop interprofessional models.