The Rockford Regional Campus College of Nursing offers students the opportunity to complete a UIC degree while receiving their education in Rockford in a supportive and friendly atmosphere. Our nursing students are taught by highly respected doctorally prepared faculty at one of the nation’s top ranked graduate nursing programs. There are numerous opportunities to study a wide array of nursing specialties, which are listed below. Our campus offers the Master of Science (MS) in Nursing as well as the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). The following advanced practice specialty concentrations are available:
- Administrative Studies in Nursing
- Administrative Studies in Nursing / Master of Business Administration (Joint Degree)
- Administrative Studies in Nursing / Master of Health Informatics (Joint Degree)
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Community Health Nurse
- Advanced Community Health Nurse / Master of Public Health (Joint Degree)
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse-Midwifery / Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Health / Advanced Community Health Nurse
- Occupational Health / Family Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Perinatal Clinical Specialist
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- School / Advanced Community Health Nurse
- School / Family Nurse Practitioner
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
The UIC College of Nursing Rockford campus is able to engage in distance learning and participate in classes in Chicago through our teleconferencing technology that is able to brings students together across all of our five campuses. Courses are offered in a variety of formats: in-person, video-conference and online. Clinical experiences of the highest caliber are arranged and supervised by our faculty at locations in and around the Rockford region. Our adjunct faculty, who also serve as preceptors, are an outstanding group of clinicians.
Options available for Registered Nurses (RNs) with an Associate’s Degree in Nursing include the Online RN- to- BSN Completion Program and the RN-to-MS Transition Program. The Bachelor of Science (BSN) Completion Program for RNs with an Associate Degree in Nursing is an online program offered by the UIC CON through UIC Online. This degree provides students with an excellent foundation for a career in leadership. Upon successful completion of all coursework, students will earn a fully accredited BSN from the UIC CON. Learn more about the BSN Completion Program for RNs.
The RN-to-MS Transition Program is available for RNs who have a Bachelor’s Degree in another field and an Associate’s Degree in Nursing. Students are admitted to the graduate program and take an additional one to four (1-4) transition courses. Learn more about the RN-to-MS Transition Program.
For more information, please contact us in Rockford at 815.395.5624