- Non-UIC Students: UIC Web Application
-- Requires a non-refundable application fee
- UIC Students: http://admissions.nursing.uic.edu/internal
[Entered in appropriate application.]
It is recommended that you draft your responses to the essay questions before beginning your application. Your responses should reflect clear thought and show good use of grammar and punctuation. Once submitted, you will not be allowed to edit your responses.
- What is your understanding of the role of the professional nurse and why have you chosen to pursue nursing as a career? (max. 250 words)
- The mission of the UIC College of Nursing is to transform health, healthcare, and policy through knowledge generation and translation, and education of future leaders from diverse backgrounds. Our vision is to be a preeminent leader in advancing global health and nursing. Please comment on how you can contribute to the UIC mission and vision as a student and alumni. (max. 250 words)
- What does it mean to have a commitment to diversity? How would you develop and apply your commitment to diversity at UIC? (max. 250 words)
- Describe a stressful or challenging situation you have experienced and how you dealt with it. Looking back, would you do anything differently? Please explain. (max. 250 words)
- Many nursing students find being a full-time nursing student demanding and rigorous. How will you balance your family, work, and other commitments with full-time nursing study? (max. 250 words)
uploaded to appropriate application
Your resumé should reflect the following information, if relevant:
- Previously earned degrees
- Employment history
- Volunteer or public service activities (numbered list with name of organization/activity, responsibilities, and dates of service)
- Previous nursing courses
- Computer skills
- Proficiency in any language other than English. Please indicate proficiency level as weak, good, excellent, fluent or native.
Prerequisite Self-Evaluation Form
Non-UIC students download form here
The Prerequisite Self-Evaluation will indicate to the College of Nursing which of the prerequisite courses have been completed and are yet to be completed.
- Entered to appropriate application
- 2 required
- At least one recommendation should come from someone who can speak to your scholastic ability. The second recommendation can come from a professional or academic reference. Personal references from friends, relatives or co-workers will automatically be disregarded.
- It is your responsibility to verify submission of all electronic recommendations by the application deadline.
- Hard copies are not accepted and can only be submitted by the recommender via the method described below. Applications without two recommendations are considered incomplete.
- Non-UIC students Official transcripts must be mailed to the Office of Admissions at the following address by the application deadline. Transcripts received after deadline will result in your application being considered incomplete.
Office of Undergraduate Admissions, MC 018
University of Illinois at Chicago
Suite 1100 Student Services Building
1200 West Harrison Street
Chicago, Illinois 60607-7161
UIC Students - An Academic History upload is required for the application, in pdf format.